Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love Story - 1970 * * *


Love means never having to say your sorry.
First off, the above quote is one of the cheesiest and stupidest quotes for a love film that I've ever heard. Basically you can just do whatever you like and you don't need to apologise if your actions hurt others. Lovely motto.
This film isn't bad but it certainly wasn't as good as I imagined it was going to be. The two characters wound me up so much at the beginning with their constant insults and put-downs to each other that I struggled to find any rapport with either of them. I really wanted to love the pair of them and find a deeper, romantic meaning in the film that I have heard from countless other people but it just wasn't there for me. I did feel a tinge of sadness towards the end but nothing like the buckets of tears I've cried over films such as 'Bridges of Madison County.'
I didn't think much of the acting to be honest although I'm sure I'll get caned for saying so, as I felt like the characters were too rigid and unemotional towards each other. Not a bad film but not one I'll keep getting out for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment