Friday, May 27, 2011

Cleo from 5 to 7 - 1962 ***




Agnes Varda directs and stars in this movie. It's one of the 1001 movies to see before you die but to be honest to me it just seemed like a joyful saunter through lovely areas of France.

Cleo has been diagnosed with cancer and tries to take her mind of the looming test

results by visitngg to a fortune teller, going shopping and meeting her friend as well as a lover who all make her realise how much she loves life.

I suppose you could look at this film in the obvious ways, like making the most of the time you have etc but I just couldn't relate too much to her character. I loved the photography (reminded me a bit of the 400 Blows) but I didn't feel it really suited the storyline more than simply being aesthetically pleasing.


No comments:

Post a Comment