Friday, May 06, 2011

Littel Ashes - 2009 ***



I'm not quite sure what to think of this film. My mum and I had wanted to watch it for a while and I had trouble tracking it down. I'm surprised more isn't said about the film, especially seeing as Robert Pattinson is the No1 heart-throb of modern day society.

I was interested to see the film because I hoped to learn about Lorca and Dali's life. We learn about them, but only from the romantic objective, and therefore I don't feel that their talent was expressed properly.

Pattinson's accent is ridiculous and his acting was quite embarassing, (I still don't understand why he was chosen for the part of a Spanish painter when a proper Spaniard would have been 10 times better). Javier Beltran was excellent as Lorca though and if you look at pictures of the original you can see the almost identical likeness.

I'm not sure how much of this movie is fabricated and how much is true but I was hoping for a film on 2 geniuses and what I got was a love story about 2 men who happen to be geniuses. Not quite the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment