Thursday, May 19, 2011

Toy Story 3 - 2010 ***




I really enjoyed the first Toy Story, and the second was nearly as good as the first, but I feel that by the time you get to the 3rd of any movie franchise that you have to expect it's not going to be up to par with the first.


Saying that I did choose to watch it and so was hoping it would be fairly funny. And it was. It was enjoyable, the characters were all there that I had remembered along with some new and unique creations including an eccentric hedgehog and a strawberry scented Teddy-Bear, and the plot was very reminscent of the other Toy Stories. But I just felt that something was lacking from the movie, maybe because I feel that Woody and Buzz are the stars of Toy Story and didn't receive enough 'screen time' in this one, or maybe because I found it weird that the characters were taken out of familiar surroundings 9 Andy's house) and moved somewhere else, but then again they did go all over in the last 2, so maybe I've just got a tad bored of 'Toy Story' now and feel they should have left it well alone with 2 films. But it wasn't a bad movie altogether and certainly made me chuckle which was the desired effect and so I guess it did it's duty. Hopefully Pixar will know when to stop though.

No comments:

Post a Comment