Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Tourist - 2010 ***



I think Johnny Depp is a great actor, and I find Angelina Jolie dreadful, so I figured this would be an interesting film. Jolie still performs like she has had too much botox and can barely move her face and that's about the extent of her, but Depp is usually on top form and highly versatile and I was dismayed to see that even he wasn't on par with this movie.

The film is basically an action/adventure production, throwing in some beautiful shots of Italy and Paris, but the storyline itself is a tad muddled for me. Jolie is a goodie who is also a baddie but is also a goodie (you know the ones) and Depp just happens to make her acquaintance on a train and is thus thrown into her hectic and dangerous life.

I don't think these two actors work very well together and it wasn't one of Depp's best efforts. There was basically no chemistry between them whatsoever.

Jolie should stop acting and Depp should go back to being brilliant, then we would all be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment