Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Fourth Kind - 2009 ***



I'll admit, for a bit of this film I was convinced it was real. I thought that the footage and evidence were facts, and that it was pretty darn terrifying, and then I realised that it was so unrealistic that it couldn't possibly be real, and after that I sort of lost interest in it.

We are shown video footage of the 'events' happening, and are also shown the scene 'acted' out by real actors who are playing the parts of the real people ( if that makes any sense at all). Milla Jovovich starts off by introducing the film and telling us that she will be playing the part of the character but that all footage we see is real etc... I'm a sucker for films based on true stories so I am nearly always fooled when I find out that it's usually nothing of the sort.

I mean parts of this movie are scary, and disturbing, but at the same time there are areas which didn't even bother trying to hold my attention.

Not good enough for a repeat viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment