Monday, May 09, 2011

Margot at the Wedding - 2007 **





As dull and lifeless as I had originally imagined this film to be, so sadly I wasn't impressed or blown away like I was hoping. Nicole Kidman has shot right down in my estimations as a brilliant actress and I felt she did very badly in this production.

The whole family in fact are very disfunctional and I didn't feel any empathy towards any of the characters, making it hugely difficult to watch scene after scene with them.

Kidman's Margot is a very weird creation, she almost has two personalities, neither of which I care for and her sister couldn't be anymore whiny and wimpy if she tried. Ironically Jack Black was probably the best character out of the lot for me, and that's saying something. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment