Friday, January 06, 2012

Poison Ivy - 1992 ***



Drew Barrymore comes from a long line of actors, most I admire more than her. She's not a bad actress and this is a decent thriller but I would never put her down as being especially talented.

She stars in this as a weird outsider named Ivy who befriends nerdy geek Sara Gibson. I can't remember what other film I've seen Gibson in but I'm sure she is the same sort of character in that as well.

The two girls have a strange slightly homo-erotic relationship going on, and before long Barrymore has weasled her way into Gibson's life and family, even going so far as seducing her father. She looks pretty young so I'm hoping she's not under the legal age because otherwise that's just disgusting.

I like these obsessive movies, it reminds me of 'The Crush' with Alicia Silverstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment