Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Nutty Professor - 1963 ****



This is the first film I have seen with Jerry Lewis and it won't be my last. My colleague and I were having an intense conversation the other day about me getting Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis mixed up. I won't be doing that again. This film is about 10 times funnier than the newer Eddie Murphy offering.

Jerry Lewis is hilarious as the crazy, nerdy Professor who invents a potion to help him become more confident in his workplace, the trouble is, the result is a Jekyll and Hyde personality, where the confident side of him becomes obnoxious, slimy and arrogant (but rather attractive!).There are some very funny scenes, inculding one where he comes to class the morning after a night out as his alter ego with a stonking hangover and every single sound he hears is exaggerated

I have another of his films on my list to see (The Ladies Man) and I have added a load more of his films to my Tesco rental. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment