Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Basic Instinct - 2006


Her biggest desire is danger.
I really enjoyed the first Basic Instinct, and although Sharon Stone may be getting on a bit now she can still deliver a spell-binding performance. In fact I think this was even better than the first. Sure the movie still has an oddly familiar '80s' vibe about it but there is plenty of modern-day type excitement and a few raunchy scenes. I don't know about Sharon Stone being a brilliant actress, because I don't believe that she is, but I do believe that she has a certain unmatchable presence on stage which is present in all her movies. I love her 'evil bitch' persona that she carries in this film and I think this film IS Sharon Stone, not merely a movie with her participating as an actress.
Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment