Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mum and Dad - 2008


Parents can be bloody murder
I had a strange fascination to watch this film and so when I found it cheap on DVD I grabbed the chance to spend the night under the covers scared out my mind. I was certainly scared, and this movie is not for the faint-hearted. The idea that being with your parents is supposed to be the safest place in the world is brutally crushed here as a young Polish girl is taken pity on by her friendly co-worker when she mises her last bus home and taken back to stay with her parents who end up abusing and torturing her as a form of family initiation. There are many twisted scenes in this film and you do need a strong stomach, I myself can usually deal with pretty grotesque horror but some of the scenes did make me want to be sick. I can't decide if the acting is brilliant or dreadful, it appears to be very improvised and amateur, but whichever way it leans, this movie still has a rightful place on your horror shelf next to 'Last House on the Left'.
Rating 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment