Saturday, April 11, 2009

One Missed Call - 2008


What will it sound like when you die?

Having hardly been blown over by the Japenese version of this movie I was hardly expecting the American version to be anything special, when in fact it turned out to be a lot more gripping, atmospheric and terrifying. It followed in the vein of films such as 'Ring' and 'Pulse' and yet still seemed original. Very rarely do I prefer an American version to a Japanese one so this is a major one off. Ed Burns was brilliant as the Police Officer and Shannon Sossamon was, for the first time in her life actually in a part that didn't irritate me! This was a freaky film, and very well acted, and in future I'll be less eager to rush in and dismiss American remakes of Japanese horror immediately until I have taken the time to see them.

Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment