Friday, April 17, 2009

The Holiday - 2006


One person's downfall is another person's holiday.

This was the film on everyone's lips over 2 yearsago andfo somereason I have only just got around to watching it today. A film made specifically for the festive season is always going to be a bit of a bet, but I knew that with a solid cast of good actors it wouldn't disappoint me. Jack Black was very good in ths film, unlike any other character I have seen him play yet totally similar at the same time. Kate Winslet was her usual sweetness and Cameron Diaz was surprisingly funny in a role which I would not personally have chosen for her. Jude Law's role was also surprising - I have never seen him in a role where I have felt sorry for him like this one. A great performance from all actors and a very heart-warming story for all.

Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment