Monday, April 11, 2011

Asylum - 1972 *****


I was pleasantly surprised to watch this unknown Amicus Production and find out how much I had enjoyed it!

The story revolves around a man who goes to a mental hospital to apply for a job, and is asked by the owner to identify a man named Dr Starr, who used to be a real doctor before he went insane. If he can correctly identify the Doctor, then he can have the job.

He is then taken by the doctor's assistant to four seperate rooms where 4 people reside, and asked to listen to each of their stories as to why they are now in the hospital before he makes his decision.

The stories are excellent, typical of the Amicus/Hammer style that is so popular.

I must say I did guess who the Doctor was, but nonetheless it was still fun hearing each bizarre story played out in front of me.

A great cast too. The ending is either hilarious or terrifying, whichever way you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment