Monday, April 11, 2011

I walked with a Zombie - 1943 ****


Truthfully speaking 'I walked with a Zombie' really wasn't a bad film. And it was just the right length to leave you wanting more but not boring you to sleep.

I was surprised, mainly because zombies movies aren't something that I have a huge interest in, but I decided anyway that this probably wouldn't be too bad.

Quite simply, a nurse comes to an island to care for a the young wife of a plantation owner, who cannot function normally and appears in a sort of trance whenever anyone tries to make contact with her. She appears almost mentally paralyzed, and it's quite disturbing seeing her watch her husband talk but not be able to interact with him.

As a last resort to cure the wife, the nurse is drawn into the weird and wonderful world of voodoo and black magic, resulting in a pretty scary last few scenes.

Done on not a very excessive budget, this movie certainly did what it wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment