Monday, April 11, 2011

My Darling Clementine - 1946 *****


Yey, finally another film to watch with Victor Mature whom I haven't seen in since 'My Gal Sal' about 15 years ago.

I haven't seen to my knowledge ANY westerns the whole way through, and so I understand that I am not fit to judge this movie on it's genre, but I have to say from my personal opinion that it is one of the very best movies I have seen of 1946 with a thrilling story, some excellent acting and 3 brilliant stars.

Highlights are obviously the gorgeous Linda Darnell and the fair but tough Henry Fonda as Wyatt Earp. Victor Mature is also captivating as 'The Doc' who has left respectable Boston and his girlfriend Clementine to move to Tombstone and found a new 'broad' instead named Chihuahua (Darnell). A lot of this film is depicting real events too which always makes a movie more exciting. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship with westerns. Although I hope others I see have such a good storyline as this and don't rely just on shoot-outs. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment