Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Van Helsing - 2004 **


Nope, I just couldn't get excited about this movie, despite having saved it for over 3 years in my DVD shelf and finally got too excited and decided to watch it. I wish I hadn't bothered.

I am always interested to watch movies about Dracula or vampires or anything of that particular area, but this movie was too much of a mish-mash, and there were so many questions left unanswered at the end that I was very disappointed. This film gives me a disturbing 'HellBoy' and 'Catwoman' feel about it - i.e. too much CGI and not enough actual plot. Beckinsale wasn't even particularly memorable in her role either, and given the movie poster you would be excused for thinking that maybe she would be.

Such a shame to wait all that time and then be disappointed, when there are plenty of films I almost dread watching and then find out how amazingly good they are. Maybe I should stick to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment