Monday, March 28, 2011

The Dark Corner - 1946 ***


Watching this almost immediately after 'Out of the Past' was probably not a great idea, given that I assumed this to be as brilliant and as captivating as the last. While not in the same league as 'Past' this movie did have it's merits and was still a pretty entertaining story. I love discovering slightly lesser-known noirs. Added to which Lucille Ball is actually very good in this type of film, ( I usually associate her with brash comedy or drama) and Willian Bendix was the nice guy that everyone wants to be protected by. The highlight for me though was the great performance from Clifton Webb who in my mind is just the epitome of Noir. His sly and sarcastic manner, his dangerous mind and his total coolness make him one of my favourites. ( Check him out in Laura)

No comments:

Post a Comment