Monday, March 28, 2011

Everyone Says I love you - 1996 ***


Will I ever be able to gush over another Woody film like I have done with MNSC or Manhatten Murder Mystery? It doesn't seem likely at the moment given that nearly everyone I have watched after those two has been not to my taste. A great cast in this however, especially Goldie Hawn and a very memorable performance from Tim Roth. Hooray that Allen is actually in this albeit for hardly any time at all in my opinion but he certainly brightens up the screen when he is on. Featuring the by now famous scene where Allen and Hawn are dancing, Hawn singing 'Through with Love' in a sexy and unrivalled way and Allen swinging her round romantically and gently lifting her up so she flies slowly through the air in time.

This is probably the best part of the film for me, and although not a bad movie it's not one I would be desperate to see again. I'm glad I can tick it off my never-ending list however.

No comments:

Post a Comment