Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I love you Alice B.Toklas - 1968 ***


The amount of people that rave about this movie I was expecting something really amazing about it, but actually it wasn't that funny at all and I think Peter Sellars really improved later on in his career. The story mixes some sort of weird, hippy brownie induced dance with a totally boring story about a boring man who isn't satisfied in his relationship (his fiance is threatening to drag him down the aisle) and so takes up with a slightly aloof hippy who bakes hash brownies and paints flowers on people's thighs. However after a while he realises that living with a hippie really isn't as great as he thought it would be. This story is awful really, as Peter Sellar's character is never satisfied with any woman in his life and always thinks he can do better, and he didn't exactly have me rolling around with laughter. Not one I'd recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment