Friday, March 18, 2011

Immortal Beloved - 1994 **


I feel a bit mean in reviewing this movie with a low rating to be honest because I'm pretty sure I wasn't in the right mood for it when I saw it, but it is my policy to review as soon as I've seen so I guess it's valid enough. Just not a very interesting idea about Beethoven, and didn't really show the true genius beneath. Fascinating to know that he was deaf and yet still composed such amazing pieces of music though. It really is a lesson for everyone. I really want to watch 'Amadeus' next about Mozart to compare the two. I think this review shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone, just see it as my record that I have seen the film instead of slating the movie. I'm sure in the right mood it's excellent.Added to which there are probably lots of riveting documentaries regarding the mystery of his 'Immortal Beloved' that I would be interested in watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment