Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Melinda and Melinda - 2004 ** 1/2


I think I should realise that if Woody Allen isn't in a movie he directs then it's not really going to be a very good film ( not counting Match Point of course!) because he wasn't in this and I didn't find it remotely funny at all. Basically he has tried to do something which normally may be very funny, use roughly the same story told in 2 different ways, one funny and one tragic and we, the audience have to decide which we prefer because they both have different outcomes. Well to be honest, call me stupid but I couldn't keep up with all the things going on with the same characters as we kept switching backwards and forwards without much warning. I didn't really enjoy it and cannot warm up to Will Ferrell, especially Will Ferrell trying to be Woody Allen = wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment