Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Love Guru - 2008



Don't look at me with that tone of voice!

I am awfully disappointed with this film, which is a shame because I really value Mike Myers as a comic actor and find his other films hilarious (Austin Powers, The Cat in the Hat). Not having seen the earlier film 'The Guru' leaves me unsure as to whether this is a remake or a totally different story! Myers' portrayal as the Guru is mildly amusing but nothing special. I personally ound the stand out performances were from Verne Troyer and the hilarious, cross-eyed Ben Kingsley. Although beautiful, Jessica Alba's acting abilty is strictly limited to the same mediocre parts which is a shame but nevertheless a reality. The story itself was such a blur that I could not give you a thorough analysis of the plot, simply that it revolves around a Guru who makes people laugh and talks about sex. Not exactly a riveting plot and to be honest I found it hard to keep my attention focused throughout the movie!


Although the brief appearance of Ben Kingsley was great, it wasn't enough to warrant a good mark for this movie.

Rating 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment