Monday, December 15, 2008

You Belong to Me - 1941



Are there many female doctors as beautiful as you?..No doubt...The time I've spent being well!


I was so pleased with this film because I had desperately wanted to see it for ages and it did not disappoint! Henry Fonda falls literally into Barbara Stanwyck's arms, a qualified doctor who is passionate about her job, whilst Fonda is passionate about....well, nothing! Being a millionaire he doesn't have to work, and when he spontaneously proposes to Stanwyck he expects her to give up her job, but she has other plans. Gradually (well after 4 days of marriage) the cracks are beginning to show, with Fonda's increasing paranoia over Stanwyck's long list of male patients getting too much to bear...


An extremely funny screwball, although some reviewers have critisised it as being too dated now. I personally feel that it has barely dated at all, and is still as funny now as I'm sure it was then!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment