Monday, December 15, 2008

A Walk to Remember - 2002



2 lives brought together then torn apart.





This film had been the topic of much conversation when I was at college and everyone had been desperate to view it. I finally experienced it for myself nearly 5 years later a day ago and can honestly say I have no idea what all the fuss was about! Mandy Moore temporarily abandoned her candy-sweet girl persona from the world of cheesy pop and took up the role of Jamie in this adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks novel who meets Shane West's character of Landon who, in contrast to her intelligence and gentleness is arrogant and careless. However a friendship is formed and Landon becomes close to Jamie, unaware that she is hiding a terrible secret...




The character interaction may have been good, but I'm afraid I felt the intensity needed for this type of story was seriously lacking. Having not seen Mandy Moore in any other movies and having been a fan of her bubble-gum image image since she began singing I feel that she is maybe better sticking to singing instead of acting. I will try to watch another of her movies and then set a comparison between them before I truly make up my mind, but for this movie I have to say it will be getting a (probably surprisingly)low mark from me.

Rating 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment