Monday, December 29, 2008

Mamma Mia - 2008


The Summer of your life
Maybe I was watching another film than that which others have recommended saying it is the best film of the year etc for I found this film totally dire. I am not one of those people who dislikes a bit of singing and dancing in a film, far from it, I'm immensely fond of musicals and have a good collection but this was just absurd. I'm not sure what the director was trying to do with this story but they certainly failed if it was to present some brilliant actors in the best light possible. Instead Meryl, Colin and Pierce were actually all presented appallingly! It was like the director was trying to poke fun at the actors for not being able to sing very well and thought it would be great if they could sing and dance manically as much as possible throughout the duration of the film to make themselves look really stupid! Added to which the songs are stuffed into the film at the most ridiculous intervals and the story is pretty idiotic as well! 'How hilarious' I hear you cry, 'I must watch that!'. You'd be mad to!
Rating 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment