Monday, July 18, 2011

'10' - 1979 **** 1/2



This was a hilarious film, and even more so because some of the scenes I found myself howling in laughter at weren't actually supposed to be funny!

The one that had me in tears of laughter involved Dudley Moore and a mouth full of Novocane trying to answer the phone to Julie Andrews who mistakes his incoherent mumbling as the sign of a madman and calls the police!

There were so many funny parts to this movie that the time just flew by and I was sad to see the end.

I also liked the premise of the film, owing to the number 10, the number which both men and women aspire to be, 10 being a perfect woman/man. Moore has just celebrated his 40th birthday and is having doubts about his life, so despite having a lovely, beautiful and intelligent girlfriend Sam (Julie Andrews) he becomes obsessed with a mystery woman whom he perceives as 'perfect.'

I won't spoil it for you, but suffice it to say, we find out that there is no such thing as a perfect person (although I think most level-headed, mature adults know that already)

Music by Henry Mancini, so you know that's going to be a hit too, and Bo Derek's first film!

No comments:

Post a Comment