Monday, July 18, 2011

She-Devil - 1989 **** 1/2



I found this on an old DVD and assumed I would be sitting down to watch a Hammer Horror movie, and so was slightly confused when I found myself in hysterics watching a dark comedy with Meryl Streep and Roseanne Barr. I have NEVER heard of this movie which is totally bizarre because I really enjoyed it and it has one hugely famous star in it!

In true revenge style, Barr is the frumpy and unattractive wife of a cocky and seemingly arrogant accountant. When she finds out that he has started an affair with the beautiful, famous and rich author Mary Fisher (Streep) she exacts revenge, in some rather interesting but totally unforgettable ways.

This is a funny film but it seems to have some underlying issues about fidelity and superficial lust which sadly crop up too often in everyday/celebrity life. Well worth a watch to have a chuckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment