Wednesday, July 13, 2011

(NOIR) The Glass Key - 1942 ***



It's hard to follow this story, but whether you understand it or not it's still fun to watch the gorgeously sultry Veronica Lake in a movie simply made for her, as well as getting my first glimpse of Alan Ladd who is probably one of the best film-noir cool guys that there are, along of course with Bogart and Cagney.

Actually I found Brian Donlevy pretty funny as well, and typically classic in his style and personality. I love old films, and even if the story was somewhat questionable I can still enjoy watching these amazing people do what they do best. I'm very wary about reading anything more by Dashiell Hammett since my last experience with reading 'The Thin Man' and so may put off reading this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment