Monday, July 18, 2011

The Crush - 1993 ****



I was really excited about watching this film. Mainly because I love movies about obsessive relationships/crushes/unrequited love etc. And I also think Cary Elwes is a pretty good actor.

I cannot quite believe that this was Alicia Silverstone's debut performance as she was excellent in her role, and I noticed many traits that would soon become her trademark moves in later films (i.e. her hair flipping, biting her lip).

She plays a 14 year old girl who becomes infatuated by Elwes when he moves into the house next door. At first he is flattered and sees her as a friend, but when her attentions begin to interfere with his work, home life and relationships he realises that she has a serious problem. But has he realised in time?

A very good eerie film with 2 very good performances (does anyone prefer Silverstone's brown hair to her blonde hair in 'Clueless'? I do) that demands to be watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment