Friday, July 08, 2011

(HORROR) Zombies:Wicked Little Things - 2006 **



I'll be honest, the artwork for this DVD makes it look far eerier than it actually is.

The acting was pretty horrific (isn't this supposed to be directed by Tobe Hooper of Texas Chainsaw fame?)

and I was aghast to see that the mother of the 2 daughters looks about the same age as the older daughter. In fact she looks like their sister, and certainly acts like it.

There's the mandatory screaming but not moving, saying 'hello hello is anyone there' at times when it's better to be quiet, and totally reacting and hyperventilating over things that aren't scary at all, i.e. rats, trees, other human beings.

I liked the idea for the story (100 years ago a mine collapses on some children working down there and they come back undead etc), in fact, tell me that the basis of a story was set 100 years ago and you've pretty much sold it to me, but this wasn't convincing at all. I'm not sure whether watching the other 7 of the AfterDark Horrorfest films at the same time is the idea or whether something like this can ever be good as a standalone. I think I've seen one other from the list, which was about 10 million times better (The Abandoned) so I guess really it's best to judge each on it's individual merits/negatives.

Oh but one of the weird men does look a bit like an old Sean William-Scott on acid - pretty funny. You certainly need to laugh having to sit through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment