Monday, July 18, 2011

The Blob - 1988 **



Okay, I only watched this because I found this DVD lying around and couldn't see anything else at that particular moment. Oh, and because I thought it would be one of those, 'that was so bad it was actually good' films. It was actually just so bad that it was bloody awful.

It wasn't scary, it was dreadfully acted and the blob itself was hilarious, including in the scene on the front of the DVD where the bloke is literally suffocated by a large ball of what can only be described as mucus, giving off the most hilarious effect where his nose and mouth are pulled right back as though he's seriously gurning at the camera.

The rest of the film was a blur of awfulness. And unless I'm really lucky, I can't quite imagine the original movie being any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment