Monday, June 13, 2011

Body of Evidence - 1993 ***



On Amazon there is a page of early nineties movies that are recommended to me each time I go on there. My aim is to be able to see them all, as each movie leads me off on a journey to another handfull of films.

'Body of Evidence' is one of them, and whilst it was a typically sexualised film ( Madonna seeming to delight in being naked in the majority of her scenes) it did have quite a good storyline. Madonna is accused of murdering her crinkly old partner for his large inheritance in what we can only imagine as sexing him to death so that he has a heart attack.

Willem Dafoe takes her on as a client and oh what a surprise the inevitable happens, he becomes attracted to her and her seemingly weird obsession with sex.

Madonna isn't a bad actress but she's not one of the best either, so it wasn't too much of an upset when this film came to an end. I wasn't expecting the ending though.

No comments:

Post a Comment