Monday, June 27, 2011

Network - 1976 **




Eek I didn't really get this film, and that's why I'm giving it a low mark, not because of how good or bad it was. It certainly had an excellent cast, although I didn't even recognise William Holden!


All about power and corruption behind the scenes of the Television network.


Faye Dunaway is almost unrecognisable compared to her character in 'Bonnie and Clyde' 10 or so years ago, but about 10 times more hard-nosed.


I can't think of much to say about this film, I watched it because I had to for my book list, but I wouldn't see it again. Probably the best scene which is now famous in movies all over is where the presenter instructs the audience to open their windows and shout 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore' out of it. Resulting in a rather memorable and slightly poignant scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment