Thursday, June 16, 2011

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - 2002 **** 1/2



The more I think about this film the more I am convinced how utterly brilliant it is, and would dearly like to see it again. It is the weirdest feeling to spend half the film with an abject opinion on the situation before my eyes and then for it to suddenly change to the other end of the spectrum.

Tautou plays a girl deeply in love with a married man ( who she says has promised to leave his wife, don't they all say that?) who decides to take drastic measures she comes under the impression that the man does not want her. I don't really even want to talk about the film, just to tell everyone to see it because I spent half the film feeling a certain way about the male population and realised through the second half that my feelings were totally wrong!

Tautou is marvellous and very so slightly weird in this role. Sort of a bit like a dark version of 'Amelie'. See it!

No comments:

Post a Comment