Monday, June 06, 2011

Selena - 1997 ***



This was I would imagine a pretty faithful drama based on the life and death of international superstar Selena who took the world by storm over 15 years ago with her new and refreshing crossover of Spanish and English music.

Jennifer Lopez acted well, and although she may not have been the most like her counterpart she still gave me a good idea of Selena's life and all too tragic death. I don't think the death was focused on as much as it could have been however as we are only aware of it about 5 minutes from the the end of the film. I would have liked a little more background into why it happened and maybe to have been shown a reconstruction of the actual event ( I don't mean that to sound as ghoulish as it does!)

A film worth watching for a glimpse into the life of a brilliant star.

No comments:

Post a Comment