Friday, January 02, 2009

Carry on Jack - 1963


If you've got a heart of oak, most likely its got a worm in it.

Having watched this alongside the very funny 'Carry on Behind' I was expecting it to be hilarious. After all as I mentioned in my last review - if Kenneth Williams is in it then it must be good. I'm afraid to say that may have been written in haste, for I didn't find Carry on Jack funny in the slightest and Kenneth Williams, although moderately comical, did not grab my attention nearly as much as in the last movie. The only person that did make me laugh (only a few times though) was Charles Hawtrey, who is also a favourite Carry on star of mine. the story really doesn't mean a lot, except maybe for spoof references to 'Mutiny on the Bounty'. No way near as good as it should be.

Rating 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment