Monday, January 26, 2009

Hammer Horror's: Plague of the Zombies - 1966


I find all kinds of witchcraft slightly nauseating and this I find absolutely disgusting.

You may wonder why I am watching back to back Hammer Horror at the moment, well the answer is I have received as a Christmas present a very agreeable and sumptuously packed boxset of 21 Hammer movies and I therefore plan to view each and every one of them as quickly as possible!

This particular offering from the Hammer House was somewhat stronger than the last and albeit from the awfully weak acting from all females in the movie (why do they always scream and never try and defend themselves!)was a more coherent experience. The zombies are portrayed differently here to normal flesh eaters, prefering to mine for tin outside the village where strange things are happening to the inhabitants. The sets are apparently identical to those in 'The Reptile' which was filmed at the same time and for some reason I find this particularly endearing.

Rating 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment