Friday, January 02, 2009

The Object of Beauty - 1991


Stylish, selfish and broke



The 'Object of Beauty' is a weird film. It offers a good storyline, and 2 famous actors (although personally I cannot stand Andie MacDowell finding her tedious, dull and a dreadful actor). I can safely say that nothing appealed to me here, not even John Malkovich's character. I usually find him most entertaining in other roles. The story in all honesty was pretty weak - a couple living the high life which they cannot afford decide to frame a fake robbery of their antique statue, however when the statue is stolen for real they search to find the culprit. Riveting? No your right, its not. Added to which, the story even at the end does not seem to be finalised and you are left wondering why you have wasted your time on a film which makes no sense whatsoever. Even as a fan of Malkovich I cannot recommend this movie to you, I would suggest you stay well away instead.

Rating 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment