Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Family Man - 2000


What If...

Having chanced upon this movie one Saturday afternoon I decided to give it a go, regardless of the fact that Nicholas Cage took the main role. Surprisingly I found it a refreshing experience to see him in a film where he is forced to take stock of his responsibilities. The whole film revolves around a what if... scenario. On Christmas Eve, Cage, a wealthy businessman is given a 'glimpse' into the life he could have had if he had chosen love instead of money. Tea Leoni is annoying in any role and I'm sorry to have to categorise her like that but I have never seen her in anything where I have liked her character. Don Cheadle pops up occasionaly as the guardian of Cage and does a good job in his role. There are elements of 'It's a Wonderful Life' and 'A Christmas Carol' in this movie and I enjoyed seeing a film where the character has to examine his own life, few films go that far.

Rating 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment