Monday, January 05, 2009

The Dark Knight - 2008


Why so serious?
Having not seen any other of the Batman films I wasn't sure whether I would be able to appreciate it or not, happily I was glad to see that I did. Christopher Nolan has done a fantastic job of making this film easy yet tense watching with an entourage of brilliant stars. Of course the spotlight lands on Heath Ledger as the 'Joker', mainly because it was the last film he completed before he died and also because he really steals the film with his humour and natural exuberance which is still sadly missed to this day. Christopher Bale is also great as Batman although something about his character appears static compared to the screen grabbing Ledger. I was very pleased after watching this, mainly because I had never really been a fan of anything to do with Batman and now I feel that I have actually missed a group of very good and powerful films. Some films to me can drag on if they are too long and although long this was a really captivating story. I recommend it, if only to see the great Heath Ledger in his final role.
Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment