Monday, January 05, 2009

There will be blood - 2007


When ambition meets faith
'There will be blood' is an odd film. For one reason there has been so much hype about it over the past year that I thought it was going to be something amazing. I found it in reality to be nothing special at all. Daniel Day Lewis has gone down in my estimations after my reaction to his character in 'Gangs in New York' (which I found to be a truly awful film). The story of a man and his son who become rich after investing in oil at the turn of the century sounds promising, although it actually appears to be no more than mindless fighting and egotistical speechs from Lewis (just like Gangs of New York!) I was pleased however to see that there was zero swearing which proves that a film over a 12 rating can survive without it. I may be missing something because I would not rate this highly, in fact I was looking at the clock through most of the film, proof that my mind was wandering.
Rating 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment