Friday, January 02, 2009

Cover Up - 1949


Love is like murder when you're in too deep...
Being a massive film noir fan I decided to watch this regardless of the fact that I didn't really know the actors and had never heard of the film being mentioned in reviews before. I am always willing to give unknown black and white movies a chance, probably more than colour ones because on the whole I prefer them to modern movies. Also its more likely for me that I will discover a great black and white film that on one knows about which gives me the best feeling ever! Sadly however, although this movie promised a good storyline it really didn't pull the viewers in. The acting was very dry and the characters didn't really connect properly with each other. I did like the plot though - a cop goes to a small town to investigate a suicide, however after gathering information from the residents he begins to think that it maybe wasn't the suicide everyone says it was. To my knowledge no other film noir has based their story on this type of plot before and for that I was thankful. It is worth a look but I don't think it is worth buying.
Rating 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment