Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Silent Hill - 2006


We've been expecting you

I don't know what I was thinking when I watched this film for the first time over a year ago. I think in fact that I fell asleep! With not a lot of enthusiasm I decided to give it another shot, I may after all have missed something if I didn't have my eyes open! To be fair though I don't always give films a second chance if I have been unimpressed the first time, but something about this film gripped me and made me want to watch it again. I am glad that I did, for the second time around it terrified me! I love old places and so the idea of a ghost town in America really captured my attention. I have after all been on-line many years before 'Silent Hill' came out, researching ghost towns of the states, of which there are many. Ghost Town does not in reality mean a town full of clanking corpses walking around with sheets on their heads. It refers to an abandoned or empty town which has been left as though it is still being inhabited, giving the illusion of a body of houses and shops with people still there. I am aware that this movie is based on a series of games which I haven't played, but on the basis of my impression of the film, it is a terrifying nightmare of a movie which will stay in your mind long after the end credits.

Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment