Monday, January 19, 2009

Funny Games - 2007


Shall we begin?
What can I say about this movie? It nearly leaves me speechless. I am aware that Haneke's goal was to frustrate and upset his audience and he certainly did a good job with me making me feel like I was paralysed to my seat. The thing about this film is that it's more uncomfortable than scary. Although I'm sure me siding with the 'bad guys' probably isn't normal behaviour but by the middle of the film I was thoroughly bored by Watts' and Roth's pathetic snivelling performance and hoping something awful would happen to them. My amazement at the lack of ending didn't really help either but then again I had grown used to feeling like my questions hadn't been properly answered. As acting goes from the two psychotic teens they did pretty well and succeeded in annoying me to death, but the story overall started flawed and finished the same way.
Rating 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment